Saturday, December 08, 2007

last night and today



So Netflix decided to recommend a movie to me, and I took them up on it. All through the movie, I wondered what it was that I told them that resulted in them sending me this movie. Dixie said it was because I told them that I liked Schindler's List (which arrived yesterday). I dunno, I don't see the connection.
The movie they sent me was "Old Boy," and though I didn't hate it I had a hard time enjoying it wondering why Netflix thought I would like it so.

Dixie and I had a nice discussion afterward about unforgiveness, revenge, violence, incest - you know, nice coffee talk. So I guess that was OK.

Today, we will all be spending the day at church working the magic of "Kid's Nativity Play In A Day," the brainchild of Brenda Overton. Should be fun. My role is that of orchestra director, meaning I will rehearse up our ensemble of keys, acoustic guitar, cello, and two singers. The deal is that a couple of hundred kids will show up this morning where they will work on a nativity play. Later this afternoon, their parents will come back for the performance. I'll be in a room working music with the music lady. This thing should be fun and pretty cool. First time we've tried, so we'll see. But it is a great idea and it should work.

I'll let you know.

Have a great Saturday.
Go Cowboys.

No comments: