Saturday, March 15, 2008

saturday (3.15.08



Not that much to report yet.

My head hurts a little.

Breaking the cycle this morning. It's a battle.

I'll let you know how it goes.

-------update 1--------
Well, my head is fine now, but the rest of me hurts. On the way to the gym, Dixie and Clayre decided they should invite me to some class they go to. I've been planning to try someday, but I really wanted a month or two more of my own program before assimilating.. Well, they said, "Oh, come on, if we can do it surely you can do it," appealing to my masculine competitive spirit (which by the way I can turn off at a moment's notice). So sure, whatever, I'll try.

But first, I asked, "Do other men do this class, or only women?"

"Oh, yeah, there's guys in there." (This was a lie).

So here we go the doors open and everyone but me knows what to do and where to get the equipment. If not for my precious Dixie, I'd still be looking for all of the crap I needed to survive the hour. There was a very loud female voice barking out instructions, but with all the mirrors and newness of the surroundings, it took me five full minutes to identify the body that belonged to the voice.

So I pushed through the fear of looking like a dork, and the fear of Tim Money walking in and catching me in a girl's class. Those fears were quickly replaced with a new one...where exactly in this mirrored room will I find a place to throw up?

Basically, the girl's class kicked my ace all over the place.

At present, I feel like a noodle.

I think the most ridiculous part was seeing myself in a mirror, my massive sculpted hands making the teeny purple dumbells all but invisible within them, barely able to push my arms upward.

Yes, I'll be back next week.

The most important thing, though, is that the cycle (at least for the immediate moment) is broken.

My trek continues.

No comments: